Movies are a great way to bring family and friends together! Grab some popcorn, a comfy blanket, and a seat by the fireplace and you've got yourself a perfect movie night. Time to pick the movie! Here at the Reinke Real Estate Team, we've come up with a list of our 5 favorite flicks to watch this holiday season.
1. A Christmas Story (1983)
- Every year since 1997, TNT and/or TBS has a 24 hour marathon airing of "A Christmas Story"
- The film has been selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant"
- A Broadway adaptation took the stage from November 2012 to Dec. 30, 2012. It received several Tony Award nominations
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
- Jim Carrey spent a total of 92 days in the grinch makeup which took over 2 and a half hours each morning to apply
- Carrey improvised the famous line "6:30 PM Dinner with me; I can't cancel that again"
- Max the Dog (real name, Kelley) was a shelter dog
3. The Santa Clause (1994)
- The role of Scott Calvin/Santa Claus was written with Bill Murray in Mind
- Tim Allen has a criminal record and Disney has a no hiring of ex-cons policy. They made an exception for him.
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
- The only 'Vacation' movie where the family doesn't actually travel anywhere
- Features 4 former SNL alumni (Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Brian Doyle-Murray)
- None of the movie actually occurs on Christmas. The final scene is late Christmas Eve.
5. Elf (2003)
- The cotton balls that Buddy eats while in the Doctors office are cotton candy that hasn't been dyed yet.
- Will Ferrell turned down $29 million to star in Elf 2
- When the screenplay emerged in 1993, Jim Carrey was originally attached to the film.
If you have any questions about selling your home, buying a home or the current real estate market please give us a call at 763-302-9664 or email us at [email protected]